|Title||Underground Development & Infrastructure Construction - Phase 2||EOI Posting Date||January 9, 2019|
|RFP Issue Date||EOI Closing Date||** CLOSED **|
|Status||Open||Last Revised On||January 16, 2019|
Vale Newfoundland & Labrador Limited (Vale NL) are inviting submissions of an Expression of Interest for a potential opportunity to support the Voisey’s Bay Mine Expansion Project in Voisey’s Bay, NL.
CC0030 – Underground Development and Infrastructure Construction – Phase2
This package covers the scope of Phase 2 of underground development and construction. The Phase 2 scope includes:
- Complete approximately 24km of lateral development at two underground deposits, Eastern Deeps and Reid Brook. Approximately 66% of the development at Eastern Deeps, 33% at Reid Brook. This includes the remainder of the main declines, level access, footwalls, vent drifts, infrastructure cutouts, remucks, stope x-cuts, etc
- Development will include installation of services and all primary and secondary ground support. Vale will provide the face equipment (drills, bolters, emulsion loaders), main consumables and stationary equipment (pumps, MPCs, etc). Contractor will provide all labour, LHD’s, trucks and ancillary equipment. The Contractor would be responsible for maintenance of all equipment, including company supplied fixed and mobile.
- Excavation of mass excavations to be utilized for the ore/waste handling system.
- May include underground Ore /Waste Handling System Construction and Commissioning. This would include the installation and construction of the conveyors, bins, transfer stations, rockbreaker / grizzly setups, picking conveyors, chutes, sizer, etc.
- May include surface Ore /Waste Handling System Construction and Commissioning. This would include the installation of a stacking conveyor at each mine.
- Installation of a paste backfill distribution system at each mine.
- Construction of pump rooms, sumps, electricals sub stations, refuge, maintenance bays, storage bays, fuel bays, latrines, explosives magazines, detonator magazines, wash bays
- Preproduction. This includes approximately 3-5 months of production at each mine. Reid Brook will utilize a drift and fill mining method. Eastern Deeps will utilize bulk stoping.
(1) When replying to this EOI, please reply to VBUG.Procurement@Vale.com. Please state the name of your company, company address & contact details (Name, Phone#, Fax# & E-Mail Address). Please make reference to this specific EOI Package# and Package Description. In addition, please fill in a completed pre-qualification form with each package.
(2) This EOI does not constitute an official solicitation. Vale NL reserves the right to cancel this requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. Once objective evaluations are completed, only prospective vendors deemed qualified will be contacted.